Whew!! We are pooped but feeling good about the house progress over the weekend. It seemed like the entire State of Alabama was under some sort of flood watch from Thursday through Saturday (some parts probably are still), which put a damper on our front porch plans, but we made the most of it. We stayed indoors Thursday and got all the rafters and posts cut. Friday was pretty drizzly, but we were able to complete the front porch demolition. Saturday was a TOTAL wash as far as the porch goes; however, some much needed de-cluttering was done inside. Today, we got the new porch posts and headers in place! Demo is great, but putting new stuff in place is even better :) Steven and I are extremely grateful to our neighbor Craig for his hours of much needed help this weekend!
On with the photos...
The rafters and beadboard were in pretty bad shape :(
Wrapping up the demo. I was sooo excited to see the screened-in-ness fall away!
And then I was horrified when the screen almost hit our historic marker - eeek!
This is how things looked after cleaning up most of the demo debris. Craig called it "Grumpy House" since it's frowning, haha!
Lookin' good :)
Here's where we ended the day. Don't worry guys, we'll be shifting the stairs over to align with the front door at some point ;)
During the week, the plan is to add the ridge beam and rafters - we'll let you know how it goes!